Tuesday, February 19, 2008

une Tranche de Paradis

pictured above: Cherrylicious soap by Fraiche
by Jenna Rogers
I have never been a bath person. It is not that I do not like taking them it’s just that I am not patient enough to spend 45 minutes soaking in hot bath water. Maybe it’s the fact that I cannot unwind and just let my whole body relax. I also deal with skin problems and bubble baths cause my eczema to flame up. Most soaps and bath gels tend to dry my skin out so I have to use thick lotions, which leave me feeling greasy and lumpy, in order to put the moisture back into my skin. It’s a vicious cycle.

Even though I am not big on taking baths, that does not mean I do not appreciate a moment of self indulgence. So you can imagine how excited I was on Valentine's Day when a friend gave me a bar of soap from one of my favorite artisans in our gift store, Fraiche. I never thought I would actually use it, because it is just so pretty. They look like slices of cake. They are tres gourmet. My favorite is, hands down, Cherrylicious; and that is what my dear friend gave me. It smells like a cherry lollipop and I am a huge fan of candy. The fragrance is simply delicieux!

This past weekend I was feeling under the weather. I decided to take a bath and try my new soap out. Oh, my gosh, it was unlike any bar of soap I have ever used before. It was like washing my body in rich oils; it was so smooth and creamy! I could literally feel the moisture going into my skin. I took 3 baths throughout the weekend! The most surprising thing of all was that my eczema did not even react, which was a huge relief for me.

So now, I am addicted to Fraiche Soap. I love the fact that Fraiche has created, with the utmost care, a work of art that can soothe even the most irritated skin. Goats milk from a local farm in Lewisville, Texas, wild honey from a bee farm, organic olive oil made from olives imported from Spain and Italy, virgin coconut oil from the Philipines, and organic cocoa butter from Africa are just a few examples of what they use to create such unique products.
And Fraiche soaps each have a very fresh name, perhaps to attract you closer:Dewy Cactus Flower, Soothe Me, Bare Naked, Squeaky Clean... to name a few.
What better way to share some light with the world than to fill someone with a little bit of happiness. Is that not what life is all about? So let yourself experience Fraiche. You will not be disappointed!
Offrez-vous! Indulge Yourself!

Some of Our favorites:
Kristin: Honeysuckle- "It reminds me of my childhood picking flowers in the woods behind our house."
Mary: Hula-La- "I love the name, it's flirty- I like the a play on words with the tropical essence of the scent! Plus it just smells like a fun time."
Amy: Soothe Me- "It's warm and comforting and super good for you! It makes me want to take a bath!"
Trish: Bare Naked- "I love Bare Naked, because its warm without being over sugary! It sounds sexy!’
Posted by Picasa

No comments: